Interreg Cross-border cooperation programme CRO-IT 2014/2020
Interreg Cross Border Cooperation Programme Cro – It 2014/2020 is the financial instrument supporting the cooperation among the two European Members States territories overlooking the Adriatic sea. With 236,8 M € of total budget, the Programme enables regional and local stakeholders to exchange knowledge and experiences, to develop and implement pilot action products and services, to support investments by creation of new business models, to test the feasibility of new policies, having as the final aim the improvement of the life quality and conditions of more than 12,4 M citizens living in the Area.
Through cross-border partnerships, the program will improve the local conditions for innovation in the blue economy sector. The program will also enhance climate change monitoring and support the implementation of measures for adjustment. This will increase the security of the area by additional implementation of innovative and shared information systems in the event of natural disasters and those caused by man. These systems will monitor the interaction of all parts of the ecosystem, including human activities that affect the environment. To ensure environmental sustainability, the program will also enhance sea and coastal transport services and hubs by investing in port infrastructure and marine traffic, thus promoting multimodality. The aim of the program is to use natural and cultural heritage as a driver for a more sustainable and balanced territorial development by involving rural areas and ensuring better spatial distribution of guest flows.
Port of Rijeka Authority is a partner is in three European projects under Priority Axis 4.
- INTERREG HR – ITA – PROMARES
- INTERREG HR – ITA – DigLogs
- INTERREG HR-ITA – INTESA
4 priority axes
- Blue innovation
- Safety and resilience
- Environmental and cultural heritage
- Maritime transport
- Within Priority Axis 1, 8 projects (COASTENERGY, INVESTINFISH, SmArtFish, AdriAquaNet, ADRIREEF, SEAFAIR, PRIZEFISH and ITACA) were approved for a total value of around EUR 16 million.
- Within Priority Axis 2, 10 projects were approved (Adriadapt, CHANGE WE CARE, E-CITY, PEPSEA, ASTERIS, PMO-GATE, GECO2, Joint_SECAP, ADAPT and MoST) with a total value of about EUR 19 million.
- Within the Priority Axis 3, 22 projects were approved (SOUNDSCAPE, VALUE, SASPAS, ECOMAP, MADE IN-LAND, ECOSS, ADSWiM, NET4MPLASTIC, ARCA ADRIATICA, UnderwaterMuse, REMEMBER, RECOLOR, TOURISM4ALL, NETWAP, WATERCARE, SUSHI DROP, TEST, S LI.DES., CREW, REPLICATE, DISCOVER and * ASTERISK) with a total value of about EUR 45 million.
- Under Priority Axis 4, 10 projects (DEEP-SEA, ADRIGREEN, ICARUS, SUTRA, INTESA, PROMARES, DigLogs, GUTTA, METRO and E-CHAIN) were approved for a total value of approximately 21 million euro