Interreg CE – TalkNET
Transport and Logistics Stakeholders Network – TalkNet
Venice Port Authority – leading partner
Port of Rijeka Authority – project partner
INTERREG CENTRAL EUROPE is one of the instruments for implementing the Cohesion Policy of the European Union. For the seven-year period from 2014 to 2020, 10,2 billion EUR is intended for the European territorial cooperation, of which 359 million EUR belongs to INTERREG CENTRAL EUROPE programme. This instrument is financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) by allocating 25% of the total available resources to each of the thematic objectives of this instrument. The programme covers all 28 European Union countries as well as Norway and Switzerland. Within the realisation of the Programme, the Port of Rijeka Authority applied for participation in the Project TalkNET – Transport and Logistic Stakeholders Network (Programme Interreg Central Europe) as an active partner. Total budget of the project TalkNet is 2.732.088,82 EUR. Project financing is implemented in the ratio of 85% EU – 15% PRA, of which the Port of Rijeka Authority’s budget is 138.305,80 EUR.
Project duration: 36 months (3 years).
Project mark: CE 1044
- Visit the official page open!
- Kick -off meeting 8th July 2017 open!
- Newsletter TalkNET vol. 1 / 2019 open!
- Announcement of the International Final Conference TalkNet 16th July 2020 open!
- Agenda of the International Final Conference TalkNet 16th July 2020 open!
The project will improve and strengthen the coordination between shareholders in freight traffic in Central Europe (CE), in order to develop integration between ports, land terminals and transport operators, and increase the efficiency of ecological multimodal logistics hubs. Special attention will be paid to the efficiency of managing the existing port terminals, as well as their connection to traffic routes (last mile connection). The project results will be achieved through clusters, specific tools for efficient multimodal management, such as: ICT applications, testing of new services and trial infrastructure solutions, strategies and action plans to support investments into alternative fuels and efficient use of energy. The approach is innovative due to focusing on optimizing existing infrastructure rather than building new one. The main planners are the ports of NAPA, the Danube and Elbe in Germany and the Czech Republic, sea and river ports in Poland as well as railway and terminal operators.
Optimization of multimodality and ecological innovation solutions will be at the heart of the project as two main areas of cooperation for the establishment of networks between transnational parties interested in freight traffic. Project actions will support investments into connection to the last mile, efficiency of terminal management, new intermodal services, allocation of alternative fuels and energy efficiency solutions.
The main activities of the Port of Rijeka Authority in the project will relate to the Study, Pilot Project design and implementation and visibility: organization of seminars, workshops, trainings:
• Making a research study and findings of the current status at the beginning/end of the logistic chain as well as measures for improvement (last mile connection)
• Making a research study and findings of the current status of NAPA territories with a particular focus on the Port of Rijeka and improvement measures
• Marking a pilot project for IT Connections (web interface) HŽ Cargo and Luka Rijeka d.d. or applications for the preparation and schedule of loading cargo onto wagons; design and implementation of the pilot project.
• North Adriatic Sea Port Authority – Port of Venice– Italy
• Freeport of Budapest Logistics LtdProject – Hungary
• Rail Cargo Hungaria Goods Transport Private Limited Company – Hungary
• Szczecin and Swinoujscie Seaports Auithority S.A. – Poland
• Westpomeranian Region – Poland
• Codognotto Poland – Poland
• Public Ports, JSC. – Slovakia
• Port of Koper, port and logistic system, public limited company – Slovenia
• Lokomotion Gesellschaft Für Schienektraktion mbH – Germany
• Italian-German Chamber of Commerce in Munich – Germany
• Port Network Authority of the Eastern Adriatic Sea – Italy
• Consorzio ZAILOG Quadrante Europa Freight Village – Italy
• Veneto Strade S.p.A. – Italy
• Regional Development Agency of Ústí Region, PLC – Czech Republic
• Port of Rijeka Authority – Croatia
• Luka Rijeka d.d.
• Jadranska vrata d.d.
• HŽ cargo d.o.o.